13 achievements of Narendra Modi-led government’s first year in power, as listed by him – See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/13-achievements-of-narendra-modi-led-governments-first-year-in-power-as-listed-by-him/#sthash.cgbCdRyq.dpuf
Here are the NDA government’s major initiatives as listed by Modi:
1. In the very initial months of our Government, we took up the task of providing toilets in all schools. Don’t children of the poor study in these public schools?
2. We implemented the Jan Dhan scheme and opened more than 14 crore bank accounts for financial inclusion. Earlier also, there were banks, as well as people without bank accounts. What did they do all these years?
3. The so-called pro-poor have been just repeating that there is leakage in subsidy. We used technology to ensure that LPG subsidy reaches the targeted person directly.
4. We have launched MUDRA Bank for financing 6 crore small vendors and businesses 61% of whom are SCs, STs, OBCs and Minorities.
5. We have launched the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana which the Congress did not think of in sixty years.
6. We have planned to see that by 2022, no family remains without a roof over its head.
7. The Soil Health Card scheme has been launched to enhance farm productivity and reduce expenses, thereby enhancing the farmer’s income.
8. We have come out with a comprehensive social security scheme for the poor and marginalised, old and those with low-income levels.
9. Swachh Bharat Mission has been started to see that health and hygiene issues of the poor do not affect the working capacity and output of the poor and labourers.
10. The Indian Railways, on which the common man travels, is being changed for the better.
11. We have set up the Skill Development Ministry to enhance employability of the youth to whom we are committed to provide jobs through initiatives like ‘Make in India’. In the past, the country had been led into an economy of jobless growth.
12. We provided for reservation of women in the police forces of Union Territories. This was done even when there were no elections around the corner.
13. Through the regime of coal auction that we have put in place, more than Rs 3 lakh crore have already been generated for the less-developed states of India. This money will be used for the poor of those states.
– See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/13-achievements-of-narendra-modi-led-governments-first-year-in-power-as-listed-by-him/#sthash.cgbCdRyq.dpuf